German
English

1704

Prince Eugen von Savoyen and John Churchill Duke of Marlborough pitch their headquarters on 8th August in the castle to plan the battle of Höchstadt, which takes place five days later. By their victory, they give the Spanish war of succession a sustainable turnaround, which goes to the disadvantage of the French hegemony efforts. Bavaria ends as an ally of the French up on the losing side, too.

1731

Baron Max Emanuel von Sandizell travels on behalf of the Bavarian Crown to Malta to fraternise with the Maltese order and help establish the Bavarian order of the knights of St. George.

1735

Begin of the rebuilding of the Hofmark church, which reaches its climax in 1747 with the completion of the high altar by Egid Quirin Asam. Thereby, Baron Max Emanuel fulfilled his vow to build a new church in the case of his healthy homecoming from Malta.

1749

The existing castle is built according to the plans of the court architect Johann Püchtler from Neuburg under the leadership of Veit Haltmeier and Johann Anton Prunnthaler from Ingolstadt on the fundaments of the preceding building and the east wing. Baron Max Emanuel von Sandizell, who was very distinguished at court, was the constructor here too. A new southern front is built, the West Wing is augmented by one floor and the East Wing (former late Gothic seat of Jörgen von Sandizell) is connected to the West Wing. Rests of the castle barn and the defence tower fortifications are demolished.

1756/57

Furnishing of the house chapel with ceiling frescos by Ignaz Baldauff and the carved altar, which was created by Friedrich Schwertführer and Anton Diessmeier. The pictures are impressed primarily Christological.

1763

Veit Haltmeier builds a charming bell tower as main-entrance, leading to the Sandizell castle; the motive based on the castle gate of Ingolstadt. Around 1830, the building is decorated with the sculpture of a "Mater dolorosa" by Ludwig Schwantaler.

1790

Anton Freiherr von Sanizell is appointed count palatine on 26.4.1790.